Distinctive Curriculum Offerings
Fig Tree Pocket offers a comprehensive curriculum program from Prep to Year 6 that is consistent with Education Queensland policies and is focused on learning for life. All key learning areas (KLAs) are included. We are proud of the school’s record of high academic achievement and the school assists students to reach their full potential in all areas. To achieve this, our school offers a balanced program of academic, social, physical and cultural activities. Many of Fig Tree Pocket's students are actively involved in extra-curricular activities and supplementary and support programs facilitated by the school. These activities and programs are outlined below.
Our extra-curricular activities consist of:
- Beginner, Junior and Senior Choral groups
- External Testing Program – International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) in the areas of Science, Mathematics, Writing and English.
- Enrichment and Extension Programs, including – Maths Teams Challenge, Mathletics and STEM
- Instrumental Music Program, including Strings Ensembles and Junior and Senior Concert Bands
- Interschool Sporting Programs
- School Camps Program – Years 5 and 6
- Senior School Leadership Program, including Student Council
- Environmental Group, Gardening Club and sustainable awareness activities